Thursday, April 15, 2004

Last night at GEMs I started the paper creations badge with my girls. We started out answering some basic questions about origami, paper-mache and other paper crafts. At first the girls weren't too interested in writing down the answers, but when I told them it was for a badge, they became more interested :) After answering the questions, I pulled out some origami paper and showed the girls how to make a cat, a frog and a bat. I picked some pretty basic designs, so it wasn't too hard to lead the girls through the different folds. In fact, we finished with about 15 minutes to spare.

Since we had extra time, I pulled out my bandana so we could play 'whack-em'. 'Whack-em' is a game that we used to play with our youth group. Everyone sits in a circle and picks an animal. One person stands in the centre of the circle with a dish towel in hand. Someone starts by saying, 'Cat likes Dog'. Dog replies with 'Dog likes Horse' and so on. The person in the middle has to tag the person called before he/she can say their piece. I taught my girls this game last week and they really enjoyed it, so we played it again this week.

No comments: