Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Weekend

Had a great long weekend, in spite of the weather. Friday I stayed home to clean up my room and the apartment. I had to clear my room for my new furniture :) I got a new bed, dresser, night stand delivered on Saturday morning. So now after 4 years of sleeping on a mattress on the floor, I finally have a real bed!

Saturday, after the guys arranged my furniture I headed south to Mike and Sandi's for the day. We went out in the boat, swam for awhile then had a fish fry and fireworks. It rained for a bit, but otherwise the weather was great.

Sunday, bummed around at home. Didn't feel like going out in the rain to watch more fireworks, so stayed home and watched Independance Day, and Cold Mountain.

Monday, went down to Chicago, ate an excellent lunch at Big Bowl, walked around, shopped, had some good coffee at Moonstruck, went to the Sears tower, zero visibility, stayed on the ground, wandered around Chinatown, came back to GR.

No comments: