Friday, October 08, 2004

New Work Life

It's been a long time since I've been blogging. Work has been quite busy lately. Last Wednesday we packed up and moved the office to north Monroe. We had a couple of guys come with a uHaul, and we loaded up and drove across town to the new building. I got to ride in a freight elevator...that was kinda cool. For the first couple of days we worked on folding tables setup about the office. No walls or anything, just a big open space. That was rather loud, you could hear everything.

On Tuesday some guys came to setup our cubes. Bang, bang, bang all day. That was loud and very hard to concentrate. But now I have a cube, and even a window! I really like our new office. It's great in the morning when the sun is shining in. We have six large windows. Much better than the basement. We still don't have our phones set up quite right, and our networking is not quite done yet, but all in all, its a great improvement from our somewhat damp basement office.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meleeka,

I love your blog. Found it accidentally while trying to look for the lyrics to a Proclaimers song. I saw them in concert earlier this year in Philly. They were awesome.

At any rate, I used to live in West Michigan, so your blog brings back some good memories (and some bad ones too). I really miss Michigan autumns!

Take it easy and keep blogging.

O.S.
osmerd422@aol.com

Melissa said...

Yeah, the Proclaimers are great. My dad used to play them when I was a kid and I just recently went out and bought their "best of" CD. It's a great CD :)

Anonymous said...

Try their new Born Innocent CD. It's not as good as some of their past stuff, but it's worth listening to.

Get well :)

O.S.