Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blueberries

Recently I discovered that I LOVE blueberries! I know that may sound a little odd, but growing up in Ontario the blueberries I knew were the wild ones. Wild blueberries are vastly different from fresh domesticated (?) blueberries around here - they are much smaller and a little tart. My mom used to make tasty blueberry muffins with them, but other than that I wasn't a huge fan.

Well, a couple of weekends ago we were visiting Jason's folks. A neighbor brought by some blueberries and we took some home with us. They are huge and plump and juicy and sweet. Very tasty! This week I made blueberry muffins and blueberry cobbler. Now on my to do list is going out to pick blueberries, something I've never done. Of course the best part will be snacking on them straight from the bush.

No comments: