Thursday, September 25, 2003

Rowdy Girls

Last night was the first meeting of GEMS where we actually had a lesson with our classes. That was interesting. I can see that I will have to put my foot down next week. Their previous counselor wasn't kidding when she told me I'd have to keep my thumb on them. That is an understatement. You would think that six 4th graders wouldn't be too much trouble. Man, they were so loud! Picture a room with six 9-year-olds sitting, or bouncing on their chairs, eating chocolate and talking/singing/laughing, throwing candy wrappers at each other, fighting over pencils, dancing around the room. That was pretty much how the lesson went :) But somehow we managed to get through our lesson. I can see that some bribes would be helpful (though NOT candy!), maybe stickers. At least now that I know my group, I can plan accordingly.

But don't get me wrong, these girls are a lot of fun. Never a dull moment as they say. And I certainly won't have any problems getting them involved in the evenings activities :) Next week should be fun, but I should plan for some active activities...and bring bribes.

No comments: