Thursday, December 11, 2003

It is far too quiet here this afternoon. Everyone else has gone home for the day and I'm left here all on my own....Yikes, I don't like being here on my own...this creepy looking guy was just at the window so I locked the door. He's gone now, and I hope he doesn't come back. We're in the basement, so it's easy to see in our windows. Anyhow, that's not what I going to write about...hmm...I was thinking about the snow that is currently falling outside and I was thinking about Christmas, which will be here before we know it.

Ah yes, last night was our last GEMs night until after Christmas. We took the girls to Metropolitan hospital to go caroling. We asked the girls to bring some of their beanie babies and stuffed animals with them to give to patients, so as we caroled up and down the halls, the girls took turns giving the toys to people. It was a lot of fun, and I think the girls enjoyed it. I was amazed at how well-behaved they can be. But once we got back to the church they were back to racing around again. We had hot chocolate and I gave my girls cards and candycane reindeer. For those of you who aren't familiar with them, a candycane reindeer is a candycane with a brown pipecleaner for antlers and googly-eyes and a red nose. I also got to meet one of my girls' mothers, which is always nice.

Going back in time, Tuesday I did most of my Christmas shopping. Guam I think I did what you would classify as power shopping. Just some loose ends to tie up and my shopping will be done.

Further back, Sunday I decided to make the house more Christmas-y so I put up some lights and decorated my little pine tree. A rather small Christmas tree, but I think its kinda cute. Saturday I went to a Christmas party with Pat (for his work). And that brings us back to Friday which was Sinterklaas.

Thinking about Sinterklaas makes me hope that the Koogers have some fun Sinterklaas-like celebration in mind for when we're in Vancouver...that would be fun :) I can't wait till December 20th...only eight more days!

No comments: