Monday, December 06, 2004

SinterKlaas

This past weekend, my roomie and I made a quick trip to my parent's house to celebrate SinterKlaas. The drive was pleasantly uneventful, no snow to contend with, just clear, dry roads. Saturday morning I woke up early, for some reason I can never sleep in when I'm at my parent's house. So I took advantage of the fact and wrapped my presents (you can't take wrapped gifts across the border).

By mid-morning we were up and out, visiting a couple of bookstores. Hit the mall briefly, but didn't stay long, way too busy with all the holiday shoppers. But we did make a stop at the pet store, and I found a nice marshmellow coat at Rikki's.

When we got back home, the house smelled great. My grandparents were there, and mom was busy cooking dinner. When my aunt and uncle, and a great aunt arrived, we all had a nice dinner. After dinner, we had lots and lots of great junk food. Mom had been to the Dutch store in town and bought all kinds of yummy goodies. Ate way too much :) The rest of the evening we unwrapped presents, visited, and ate some more. Ryan and I played two games of pool, and I got whooped both times. I blame it on the table, or maybe the rumbonen ;)

Sunday morning we went to church, visited with some people there, drank coffee. After church we went to my aunt and uncle's house for more coffee, and more goodies. Returned to my parent's house after a bit, where we packed up my car with all of our loot, including more junk food of course. Arrived back in GR before midnight, to our lonely little kitty.

No comments: