Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sewing Up a Storm

On Sunday afternoon I decided it was about time to pull out the sewing machine and get to work on my wedding dress. I had thought about buying my dress, but it seems like the simpler the dress, the higher the price. All I wanted was a simple white dress with a bit of a train, but it seems like all the dresses of that sort are enormously overpriced. So instead I headed to the fabric store, bought a pattern, fabric and notions all for about $100. A real deal I thought. Right after buying the fabric I cut out all the pieces, but since then the dress has been sitting around waiting for me to pull it out.

Sunday I finally felt the inspiration to begin sewing and sew I did. I managed to get the entire bodice pieced together and then started on the skirt. And of course I'm biased, but I think it looks pretty good. I'll have to post some pictures once I get it together. Now I'm thinking about what I can get sewing next...maybe some curtains for the new house...

No comments: