Monday, September 20, 2004

Church Picnic

It's been awhile since I've been to a church picnic. Saturday afternoon/evening we went to the Fellowship Greens for food and fellowship. We arrived a bit early and watched the some of the kids games. The usual, clothing relay, egg relay, water balloon toss, and fishing. I think my favorite one was watching the boys dress up as "fairy princesses" for the clothing relay. They were horrified when they saw the clothes that they had to wear. It was so funny.

After the kids games, and the rest of the people returned from golfing, everyone sat down for dinner. We had BBQ chicken, many, many, many salads and a wide assortment of desserts. There was so much food, but by the end, most of it was gone. The best part was meeting new people and getting a chance to chat and get to know them better. Its hard, and I'm terrible at remembering names, but I'm slowly getting to know some people at church.

No comments: