Thursday, September 02, 2004

Happy Birthday to Me!

I am now officially 24 years old. I've been around for nearly a quarter of a century. Funny thing is, I still feel 19 or 20. I can totally understand how shocking it must be to turn 30 or 40, but still feel like you're 20.

Even though today is my birthday, this year I've had a birthday week. Kinda cool. On Sunday, my mom made me a cake that we took to my grandparents house to share. Then on Tuesday we had dinner and games at our house. Mmmm...dark chocolate... :) Last night my roomie produced an assortment of rather random packages. Rather interesting gifts for a 24-year-old, but fun nonetheless. Ranging from a fun bread shaped tupperware and a kids book, to a bar shaker.

So now I have two new books to add to my collection:
The Berenstein Bears and the Messy Room, best book ever :) When I was about 8, I borrowed this book from the school library many, many times. I just loved it. I always wanted a bedroom that looked like brother and sister's when they were finished cleaning it up. Since I loved this book so much, my mom finally bought it for me. The sad thing is, I lost my copy of the book. A few months ago I searched my parents bookselves but couldn't find it anywhere...that was a sad day. But now I have my own copy again, and all is well with the world :)
Alton Brown has a great show on the food network, Good Eats. Kinda like Bill Nigh the Science Guy, but with cooking. This'll be a fun book to read, and then add to my collection of cookbooks.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks! :D It's a great day, the sun is shining, the birds are sings, it's a b-eau-tiful day.