Tuesday, February 17, 2004

I had a great weekend. Abi came up on Friday so we talked about trip stuff stuff. It was great seeing you Abi! Then on Saturday I left bright and early and headed east. The weather was great so driving was fun. There's nothing like putting a great CD in and hitting the open road. Arrived home around 2:30 to find my dad shovelling the driveway. He was a little surprised to see me so early cuz I had said that I wasn't going to leave too early. Chatted with my mom for a bit then went shopping for birthday presents for my aunt and grandma, and picked up my sister from work. We were looking for plants, but it being valentines day, the shelves were pretty much empty. We did find some that were good at the one florist shop, but the pickins were pretty slim.

My dad picked up my brother from a church function later that evening and then the whole family sat down to dinner together. That doesn't happen much anymore so it was kinda nice. Sunday morning I went to my home church (parents church), saw my Opa and a few friends, then headed over to my aunt's house. She had it all decorated and setup, so there wasn't much to do but wait for my grandma to get there. When Grandma walked in the door she was speechless. Connie had asked her to come over for cake in the afternoon cuz she had a bunch of stuff to do in the evening. But grandma was not expecting the whole family to be there. Then she noticed that I was there too, and she said "What are you doing here?" Then she had to come and give me a hug. She was so surprised, it was great.

We had dinner and cake, then another of my aunts pulled out a cake for my aunt Connie (her 30th birthday was in January). She was so surprised. She didn't know that it was really a double surprise party that she was hosting :)

Monday morning I took my brother back to school then headed back to GR. So yeah, it was a fun weekend, especially getting to see my mom's side of the family again (it had been a while).

No comments: