Thursday, February 05, 2004

Joke of the day:

1: Why to elephants paint their toenails red?
2: So they can hide in cherry trees.

1: Have you ever seen an elephant hiding in a cherry tree?
2: No.
1: See, it works!

Last night at GEMS the lesson was about jokes that seem funny, but are really hurtful because they cut other people down. I began the lesson with a little joke telling, and Laffy Taffy. I had the girls tell their favorite jokes, and read the jokes that are on the wrappers of the Laffy Taffy. One of my girls told the above joke.

Another good one was:
Q: Why was the boy covered in giftwrap?
A: Because his mother told him to live in the present.

Alternate answer offered by one of my girls:
A: Because his mother told him to get his life wrapped up.

There were many more extremely corny jokes that I will spare you from, but it was a lot of fun.

No comments: