Monday, October 06, 2003

:D Smile everyone, it's Monday! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, it's a beautiful day! Can you see my huge grin yet? Dunno why I'm so happy...slept well I guess, and the pressure is off (sort of) at work. Oh, and I have a short week this week, that could have some bearing on my mood. I'm taking Thursday and Friday off this week so my roomie and I can drive to Ontario to visit my folks, and take care of some business in TO. So, three days and I'm off on a four day weekend, woo hoo! So I'm happy, all is right with the world.

Yesterday was fun. Went to church in the morning, and was actually on time for a change. Went to lunch at the Olive Garden with DC and Guam. Took a nap (gotta love Sunday afternoon naps). Saw Luther with Guam and Vbijl. Good movie, I enjoyed it. The theatre was surprisingly packed...a couple of church groups I think. After the movie went with Vbijl to Kathy (sp?) Cathy and Pat's for dinner, then went to Billy's to hear the Red Elvises. I don't normally go out on Sunday nights, but this group was well worth it. Not sure how I would describe their music style, but it's fun. When you first see the group come out on stage, you know its gonna be a blast. One guy was wearing a gold suit, another a red sparkley suit with 3" platforms and a top hat, another a animal print suit that looked sorta like pjs. The instruments were great too, I loved the accordian, and one guy was playing a guitar that was a huge triangle. Their songs were all sorta wacky and joking around, and you could tell that they were enjoying themselves too. The music was right up my alley :) The only downside is that you come home smelling like stale smoke, but *shrugs* what can you do...you can't win em all.

No comments: