Monday, October 27, 2003

Monday morning again. Weekends go by way too fast, especially good ones. Friday my roomie and I had a dinner and games gathering. We made Chinese dishes from my new cookbook. That was fun, and the recipes all turned out pretty good. We played Cranium and Trivial Pursuit, though I think we should have done it the other way around, I was way out of it for trivial pursuit. Way too much to drink ;) so by the time we got to trivial pursuit I wasn't really with it anymore. Now that is a strange feeling. I don't think I've ever had that much to drink in one evening.

Saturday afternoon, after returing home from work (bleh) I called the salon, and set an appointment to get my hair cut. I was pleasantly surprised that they still had a spot open. Amanda cut my hair. I really liked her. I told her what I wanted and she knew exactly what I meant. Nothing drastic, not losing much length, but more body and volume. I got exactly what I wanted and I love it :)

That evening I went to Pete Brown's to listen to Fonnhmor, an Irish band. I liked the music, reminds me of some of the east coast bands from back home. I really enjoyed the male vocals, wish they did more. Bars are interesting places. When we first got there, there was this older guy (like 50s) sitting at the table next to us, Ken was his name. He had a great 'pick-up' line. He pulls out a card about the size of a wallet-sized picture. Then he leans over and says that he wants to show us his pride and joy. He shows us the card and it has a picture of a bottle of pride furniture polish and joy dishwashing soap. Ken proceeds to give us his card (for jewerly and watch repairs) and invites us to go to another bar where he plans to sing (karoke) and buy us a drink, if we come.

The music was great, very fun. Though I was hoping for more of the upbeat lively stuff. Makes me want to go to the UK and visit some pubs. Another interesting guy at the bar was 'Sound Guy'. The sound booth was right next to us, on the shuffle board, and since it was so crowded, the waitress would hand someone at our table the beer and have us hand it to the sound guy. We got to chatting with him a bit, and asked if he was 'Sound Guy'. He said, "something like that". And so he was dubbed Sound Guy. Finally at the end of the night we asked if had another name that he would prefer to be called, besides Sound Guy, Marty he said. Then, Vbijl was done saying his goodbyes to the band, so we started to leave. As we were just about out the door, Marty comes after me and asks me for my name. I tell him and he proceeds to tell me that he couldn't keep his eyes off me all night, that I was riveting and he just wanted to tell me that. Now that was a surprise. He didn't ask for my number, but as a pickup line that was definately top shelf. I had noticed him looking at me from time to time, but never really thought twice about it. That was so strange, caught me completely by surprise. Good surprise though :) Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Sunday was the usual, church then dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. Vegged out in the afternoon, watched Down with Love. A purposefully cheesy romantic comedy mimiced after the old 50s and 60s romantic comedies. It was fun, but I wouldn't want to watch it again. And definately a chick flic.

But now, it is Monday morning, so nose to the grindstone it is...

No comments: