Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Grocery shopping is kind of fun. Last night my roomie and I visited two asian stores and good old meijer. I should go to the asian stores more often. You can get all kinds of strange and wondrous things there. Grocery shopping got me to thinking. As I spend more and more time here, in a larger city, I wonder how it would be if I were to move back into the country. At home I could never find some of the things that we bought last night without going all the way to Toronto. I would also miss the bookstores and malls here. For any decent shopping at home you have to drive at least 45 minutes.

On the flipside, when I'm here I miss the quiet of the country, knowing who lives down your street. I miss being able to look up and see the stars, its way too bright at night here. I miss the space and the trees and the animals, at times I feel that there are far too many people and cars and buildings around.

When I go home to visit I thoroughly enjoy myself. But at the same time, I can't wait to get back. I feel torn between the two. I guess I just to find a place that has the best of both worlds. Or perhaps I'm just experiencing the grass is always greener syndrome.

No comments: